Your Brain’s Green Time
Gardening is one of the most potent stress-relieving activities there is and leads to lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol than other activities, including reading.
Whether you have your own garden, flat or a communal garden, get outdoors and enjoy nature and start reaping all the benefits which gardening has to offer. Getting outside and doing some gardening will help with the following mental benefits.
Especially ideal for seniors
- Makes you happy, by spending more time outdoors.
- Boosts energy levels and promotes good sleep.
- Reduces stress levels and promotes relaxation.
- Stimulates an interest in nature and the great outdoors.
- Keeps your mind fresh with gentle exercises and fresh air.
- Gives a reason to get up early and provide a routine.
- Provides those with Alzheimer’s with positive emotions.