How to prevent Alzheimer disease, the memory loss disease?
Are there any ways to prevent Alzheimer’s disease?
As we all know prevention is better than cure.
There is no drug therapy or treatment has yet been found that will surely prevent the Alzheimer disease.
By leaving healthy life you may prevent the symptoms of Alzheimer disease and slow down the process of disease.
BEST WAYS TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ALZHEIMER’S
- Regular Exercises
Regular physical exercises reduce the risk of development of Alzheimer’s disease. Start with a little exercises and then gradually increases it. Exercise stimulates the brain and increase the ability to maintain old connections as well as make new ones. Regular exercises of at-least 3 to 4 hours of a week can help. Exercises like walking and swimming can help.
Prevent head injuries because falls are increases the risk of Alzheimer’s condition as age grows. Balance and coordination exercises, yoga can help you to stay alert and avoid medicines.
- Control your Blood pressure: High blood pressure may increase risk of both vascular dementia and Alzheimer’s disease. Controlled blood pressure reduces the risk of Alzheimer’s disease.
- Social Involvement
We are social person. Involvement in social activity or developing the strong network with friends helps to active our mind. You need to oftenattach face-to-face with someone who cares about you and makes you feel happy. Don’s make your self isolated. Meet others and develop new friendships. It is advisable to join clubs or social networks, be a volunteer for task.
- Healthy Diet – Eat Smart:
In Alzheimer’s disease there is a inflammation and insulin resistance injure the brain cells and neurons. So by modifying your diet habits you can help reduce inflammation and protect your brain.
- Cut down sugar
- Eat plenty of vegetables, beans, grains, fish and olive oil and avoid processed food
- Avoid Trans Fat
- Take Omega-3 fatty acid
- Take more amount of Fruits and Vegetables- Reach in anti-oxidant and vitamins
- Drink cups of tea- enjoy 3 to 4 cups of green tea per day
- Folic acid, vitamin B12, vitamin D, magnesium, and fish oil may help to preserve brain health.
- 2.Mental Motivation (Brain Stimulation)
Involve your brain in multiple tasks or in activities like communication, interaction, discussion.
Set a fix time for each day to stimulate your brain:
- Learning – learn every day some thing new, join painting class or language classes or laughing club etc.
- Games: Enjoy or involve your mind in playing games or puzzles, crosswords,
- Memorizing exercises
Good Quality of sleep is necessary for every one. It is very common for people with Alzheimer’s disease to suffer from insomnia and other sleep problems. Research shows that uninterrupted sleep is good to flush out the brain toxins or bad material. Majority of adults need at least 8 hours of sleep per night. Establish your regular sleep schedule.
- Stress Management:
Persistent stress can lead to shrinkage in a key memory area and obstructing nerve cell growth and increasing the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Simple stress management tools can minimize its damaging effects.
- Do regular breathing exercises
- Do regular Meditation or relaxation activities like walking in garden, play with your grand son or daughters, or with your pet, prayers, and religious activities.
- Involve yourself in Fun.
- Laughing is the best medicine; the act of laughing helps your body to fight against stress.
Tips to Reduces Risk of Alzheimer’s:
Everything which is good for body is good for brain.
- Stop Smoking
- Control your body weight
- Avoid alcohol
Image credit: www.pixabay.com